Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Annual Meet at Matoil Charles Memorial Lamps LTD's

Many days had passed by like the cloud in the sky but the sweet memories of the Annual meet of the members of Matoil Charles Memorial Lamps LTD(MCMLL) is still lingering in my mind, I tried my best to forget them but all in vain. One fine morning Bimol Mardi, the secretary of MCMLL, invited me over the Phone to come for the meeting and also told me to bring Dr. Prabir Chatterjee (UNICE) along with me. Dr. Prabir was one of dignitaries for the AGM meeting at Matoil. Both of us set out for Matoil village with Jeep on 20th May 2008 morning to encourage the villagers. As we were approaching the village we saw the villagers from different villages coming in group to attain the meeting leaving behind their daily activities. We saw big tent was made for meeting and villagers were coming and enrolling their names before they enter in the place. Mr. Chunda Hembrom, the president of the MCMLL welcomed all the dignitaries as well as all participants. On that day the new office of the MCMLL was inaugurated by Surit Das, the tribal officers. More than 800 Participants were present from Gazole -I, Gazole-II, Alal and Korkoch Gram Panchayets of Gazole Block of Malda District. New office bearers of MCMLL were formed. Meeting came to an end with Votes of thanks.

No comments: